Does Whiteflash Offer Financing? (2 Options)

Last Updated on April 12, 2023 by Juli "Jewels" Church

Wondering if Whiteflash offers any type of financing or loans to help you buy jewelry?

Perfect, you're in the right place!

In this guide I cover:

  • Whiteflash's Financing Program
  • All The Credit Options You Have With Whiteflash
  • And The Monthly Payment Plan Options You Have

All of that is covered and more. Let's jump in!

does whiteflash offer financing or loans

Let's face it... diamonds are expensive.

Whiteflash is no exception but if you read my review on Whiteflash you'd know I like Whiteflash's A CUT ABOVE diamond collection and their overall approach to selling a quality diamond while delivering a great customer experience.

Thankfully, Whiteflash offers customers some financing options.

How To Finance Your Whiteflash Purchase?

Specifically, Whiteflash offers two financing options for those interested:

  • Financing through Affirm.
  • The 90 Day Whiteflash Flex Plan

Both have their benefits, let's have a look at each.

Financing With Affirm

The best way to finance your Whiteflash purchase is by going through Affirm on Whiteflash's website. Just select the Affirm payment option in checkout and your application will be processed online.

After you’ve applied for qualification through Affirm, they’ll run a check on your credit profile and offer you an amount based on what they’ve found.

Not all customers are going to be able to qualify for the full amount of their purchase. However, if you know you have outstanding credit, you very well could be awarded the full amount

whiteflash financing

Even if you don’t qualify for the full amount, you can still receive a significant portion of your purchase financed through Affirm. 

Just tick the box during checkout as seen in the image above.

Read also: What are James Allen's financing options for engagement rings?

Financing With Whiteflash's 90 Day Flex Plan

Instead of going through your credit and getting approved for financing, Whiteflash also offers a 90 day no interest payment plan which works kind of like layaway.

Here's what you need to know.

For purchases above $1,500, customers pay down 20% today and pay off the remaining 80% in monthly increments.

For example, if you’re looking to purchase a $10,000 diamond, you’ll be able to put only 20 percent down and pay off the remaining 80 percent over the next 90 days.

So, you’ll pay $2,000 upfront and approximately $2666 every 30 days until the 90-day payment plan is complete. This can be better for those who are looking for a guarantee on their financing options or don’t want to wait to be approved by Affirm. 

Even if you run late on your payments, you won’t lose out on all of your money. If a payment is late by more than 10 days, the merchandise will be returned to stock and a store credit will be issued. 

It also will you maintain the standard 30-day money-back guarantee that Whiteflash offers. All in-house diamonds and jewelry from their catalog can be returned within 30 days, beginning the day the order is placed. It then runs concurrently with the plan, so it expires on your first payment.

Once the third and final payment has been received by Whiteflash, production will begin on the piece you requested. 

It should also be noted that diamonds from the Virtual Section category are not eligible for the Flex Plan.

Read also: Do I have to pay sales tax at Whiteflash?

What Is The Interest Rate On Whiteflash's Financing Plans?

90 Day Flex Plan

If you’re taking the 90 Day Flex Plan option, you’re in luck. There is no additional interest rate associated with this plan.

If you don’t mind waiting for your piece of jewelry to begin production stages, this makes it the ideal plan. Once the payment is fully completed after 90 days, the jewelry will go through production and be shipped out to you as soon as possible.

Financing With Affirm

Those who opt to go with Affirm will incur some interest charges.

Affirm offers payment plans into 3, 6, or 12-month installments. The financing rate can also be as low as 10 percent APR with good enough credit.

The actual rates that Affirm offers you of course depends on your credit profile.

During the checkout on Whiteflash's website, you can apply for financing with Affirm, and they’ll conduct a check on your credit profile and offer you various amounts and interest rates.

The better your credit is, the better you can expect your rates and amounts offered to be.

At a maximum, you’ll be looking at 30 percent APR. 

Read also: What are Blue Nile's financing options?

What Are The Requirements?

90 Day Flex Plan

For the 90 Day Flex Plan, the only requirement is that your purchase is above $1,500 and you put 20 percent of the initial purchase price down on the day the plan starts. You then then pay the rest through three equal monthly increments.

This is done because if a payment is late, you’ll simply return your piece of jewelry to the store and receive in-store credit for the amount you’ve paid thus far.

Financing With Affirm

There are no minimum purchase requirements if you want to finance through Affirm, just that you fill out the credit application during the checkout process.

Whiteflash does recommend you get pre-approved so you can see exactly how much you can spend. Here's the link to get pre-approved.

How Do You Sign Up?

90 Day Flex Plan

To sign up for the 90 Day Flex Plan can call the customer service line at 877-612-6770 to talk about starting the plan.

Financing With Affirm

Those who want to get pre-approved with Affirm can do so by going to this page on Whiteflash's website. The whole process shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

Does Whiteflash Offer A Credit Card?

While Whiteflash has robust financing options, they don’t offer a credit card.

Whiteflash will allow you to split your payments into two separate credit cards if you’d like. You can also split a payment between a credit card and a wire transfer.

This can be especially beneficial as wire transfers receive a three percent discount. However, you should know that the discount will only apply to the portion of payment paid through the wire transfer.

To take advantage of either of these offerings, simply contact Whiteflash’s customer support line, talk to a diamond consultant, or visit them in-person. 

Does Whiteflash Offer Any Monthly Payment Plans?

As I mentioned above Whiteflash does offers monthly payment plans through both of their financing options.

The 90 Day Flex Plan will be ideal for those who want to make their payments quickly and avoid paying interest rates. It works kind of like layaway where you pay 20% and they put the item to the side until you find your payments.

On the other hand, Affirm is better for those who want to space their payments out over a long time, although you will be charged an additional interest rate.

How Much Can You Expect To Pay Per Month?

90 Day Flex Plan

If you’re going through the 90 Day Flex Plan, you’ll be paying one-third of 80 percent of your purchase every 30 days for a total of 90 days. An initial down payment of 20 percent is given at the start of the plan and then the customer will need to pay off the remaining amount in three equal increments spaced out over 90 days. 

Financing With Affirm

Those who are interested in a long term plan through Affirm can make payments every three months, six months, or 12 months. Your options will vary based on what Affirm concludes after viewing your credit profile.

The Bottom Line Financing Your Whiteflash Jewelry Purchase

If you're thinking about buying from Whiteflash, you should know by now I LOVE them and their diamonds.

Mainly because they are the best at producing a diamond with the best possible cut, which ultimately produces the best possible fire and scintillation.

That said, I'm a big advocate of paying in full via wire transfer to avoid the interest fees and save the 3% on the purchase price plus shipping the diamond to a sales tax free state.

But if cash flow is tight, financing is great to spread out the payments.

I personally financed my wife's wedding ring and don't regret it.

Now It's Your Turn

So that’s it for my guide on Whiteflash's financing options.

Now I’d like to hear from you:

Have you financed a diamond from Whiteflash before?

If so, what was your experience with it? Good? Bad? Somewhere in between?

Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.

Leave a Comment